Tis the season for the yucky old cold and flu, but I’ve found a secret weapon that’s kept my family from catching such yuckies. What wonder “drug” am I referring to? This website is mainly about iodine but I’ve found something that works faster than iodine and more completely in wiping out a bacteria or virus before it gets going. In fact, taken everyday it can ensure that your family fights off every bacteria or virus that comes your way and then some!
Soooo, what is it then? FOOD GRADE Diatomaceous Earth, I emphasize FOOD GRADE because there is a pool grade and it’s POISONOUS and you don’t want that!
What I have is PermaGuard Food Chemical Codex Grade, this is safe for human and animal consumption. DE kills/neutralizes viruses, bacteria, parasites and worms. DE also removes heavy metals and absorbs drug residues, regulates blood pressure, lowers bad cholesterol, improves hair, nail and teeth growth and MORE, now can you see why I feel its pretty amazing stuff!
I will list a couple links at the end for you to find out more of the technical info about it. For now I want to share my families experience with DE.
We first used DE when my daughters and I got hair lice, an icky bug that takes over your head and is a PAIN to get rid of with conventional methods. Unsure of how we contracted said bug I flipped when we found out, researched online to find a few options that were natural, unfortunately I have a fear of overusing tea tree oil on ones body so I preferred to use a different method. I dyed my hair hoping to kill the critters, I know I know, NOT natural but I had a moment of insanity just know those critters were in my hair! The dye did not work, I still had them, on my daughters I washed their hair with mild tea tree shampoo but that wasn’t working too well either. My sister finally told me about DE but she had mentioned previously to be very careful not to breathe it in or get it on your eyes, so I put that off initially due to fear of using it on the little ones, after the failed attempts with other methods I caved and used the DE. We put it in the girls hair, then mine, then dusted my bed with it. I wanted to make sure we killed EVERYTHING so I left it in for a few days. NOTE* I stay home with the kids so this was fine for us but it leaves you’re hair looking like you powdered it with flour so going out like this is not gonna work.*
After a few days I washed our hair out and presto, no more bugs!!! I bought a 50lb bag to use for my animals to deal with their fleas and lice and essentially forgot about it.
Then I decided to purchase a calf to raise for beef, all was well with my farm until I brought it home. This calf had cryptosporidiosis which is a parasite that takes over your system and can be fatal for those with a compromised immune system. I had the calf for two weeks and then he died from complications that arose due to the crypto. At the time I was unaware of why he’d died. My sister came down with what we thought was a bug a week and a half later, she had horrible stomach pain with watery diarrhea and nausea, she was unable to eat and could barely drink, she was incredibly weak and spent most of her time in bed. This illness lasted 12 days, she went to an ER 4 different times and didn’t get any real info, the doctors kept trying to give her meds to stop the pain and nausea but weren’t testing or diagnosing her. Finally one doctor did, he sent her feces to a lab to be tested, a few days later she was contacted by the health dept. who informed her that she had crypto, this was good news! At day 5 of my sisters illness I visited her to help her out and take the kids for a few days, the next day I came down with it as well. When the health dept. called I was on day 5, I had been to the ER the day before (my birthday no less) due to dehydration, I was barely able to walk from weakness, turns out I needed more fluids despite drinking large amounts to prevent it. Anyways, so when she told me about the crypto I researched it and upon reading that it was a parasite realized that DE would probably kill it, I had no interest in feeling this way for another week and my 3 kids and husband had just come down with the beginning stages of it. I went and got the DE, made some juice and gave each of us a teaspoon of DE, the kids symptoms started going away and were gone within 24 hours as was my husbands. I, on the other hand required two and half days before it was gone, this was due to my condition being further along (sad to say but it was a more severe “infestation” of the parasite cause up until the DE they were having a party in my gut).
After the success of using DE on the crypto I continued its use because our animals had crypto now and each time we visited with them or tended them we would begin getting it again. I read more and continued with the DE even after the crypto was gone from the farm because I was hopeful that it would keep us from getting sick. So far, I’ve been right, my nephew did come over with a flu and my two caught it though they must not have gotten enough DE (we share it in one drink bottle so it’s a little hard to determine who gets how much exactly) BUT they were only sick for 24 hours where my nephew was sick for 4 days, so to me that’s pretty good! Since then I make sure I do extra DE in the drink bottle and make 1 each day and 2 bottles on days we might be more apt to get sick, like if I binge on chocolate (I used to get sick everytime I had too much sugar), like if the kids play outside in the cold where they normally would get sick, if anyone visits that is sick…
I’ve felt as though my body was fighting something off on several occasions, I take about 2 tablespoons of DE in juice and take a nap, cause I feel worn out and almost sick, after a couple hour nap I wake up feeling great and refreshed, not sick at all!
I’m also continuing use of DE in hopes it will help with the kids cavities, only time will tell on that aspect but for now, keeping my family from getting sick, well that makes it worth it.
Now that you know the secret, I encourage you to get some and experiment with me!
"When taken internally, many health benefits have been observed. The biggest benefits seen have been lower cholesterol, lowering of blood pressure, relief from arthritis pain, increased energy, more regular bowel movements, smoother complexion, and sinus and cough relief. It is estimated that there are more than 1,500 ways DE is beneficial to humans, plants, and animals.
As a daily supplement, many believe that its most beneficial use is for internal cleansing by aiding in the elimination of intestinal parasites, which are not able to develop an immunity to the sharp edges of DE.
DE can also detox the body. According to a top cancer researcher, it is also the best natural chelating product available for pulling heavy metals from the bloodstream. Many believe that the increase in the number of cases of Heavy metal poisoning has occurred in part due to mercury in vaccines, fluoridated water, deodorants with aluminum, some seafood, foil wrap, cooking in aluminum cookware, soda/energy/beer aluminum cans, and a number of other ways."
"Diatomaceous Earth (DE) has been reported in the scientific literature to absorb methyl mercury, E. coli, endotoxins, viruses (including poliovirus), organophosphate pesticide residues, drug residues, and perhaps even the toxins produced by some intestinal infections."
"Other Reported Health Benefits of Silica/ DE Include:
Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Osteoperosis, Weight Loss, Cosmetics, Hair, Nails, Teeth & Gums,
Energy, Bacteria, Mucus, Anti-Aging, Urinary Infections, Headache."
More Reported Benefits Of Diatomaceous Earth:
- Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good
- Silica fades age spots
- Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
- Diatomaceous earth has a negative charge and bacteria has a positive charge. It is believed that diatomaceous earth sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in its honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
- Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
- It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
- Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause
- Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
- Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
- The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
- Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
- In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
- Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
- The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
- Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
- Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
- Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
- Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart's key blood vessel, thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
- Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
- By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
- Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
- Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimer's disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.
Most who use Diatomaceous Earth mixed with a juice or liquid say that they use one to two tablespoons daily.
Much has been written and spoken of the much maligned and misunderstood hypoglycemic condition. Over 62% of people diagnosed as being hypoglycemic have been reported to suffer from depression and insomnia.
Thus hypoglycemia must be regarded as an important cause. The explanation is simple. When the blood sugar level drops below a certain level, the brain is starved of its source of energy - namely glucose - and we get depressed. When the brain is suddenly starved of glucose, the pituitary gland sends an urgent message to the adrenal glands to pour adrenaline into the blood stream. Adrenaline is a hormone that rapidly converts glycogen - or stored liver sugar - into glucose, thus raising the blood sugar level. However, adrenaline is also the fight/flight hormone, readying the body for quick action in case of danger. Thus the sudden presence of adrenaline in the blood stream wakes up the poor sleeper - usually in the early morning. Psychiatrists and other orthodox psycho-oriented practitioner often interpret this by claiming that ‘the patient is the worrying type’. Thus depression and insomnia are often found together.
Related to hypoglycemia is heavy metal intoxication. High levels of lead, mercury and cadmium interfere with the enzymes breaking down glucose into energy within the mitochondrion of cells that carry out aerobic respiration and where the Krebs cycle is located. Heavy metals are said to replace zinc, a co-enzyme required in about 80 enzymes. The result are symptoms that are practically indistinguishable from those of hypoglycemia - fatigue, insomnia and depression, even in the presence of normal blood sugar levels. Dr Samra calls this “Cerebral Hypoglycia”.
InsomniaSerotonin is also the precursor of melatonin, a hormone produced by the pineal gland. (Wintrobe , 574). When the eyes perceive dusk - or darkness - it signals the pineal gland to produce this hormone which is closely related to our diurnal cycles of sleep and wakefulness. It has sedative qualities and help reduce anxiety, panic disorders and migraines as well as induce sleep. Melatonin is a powerful antioxidant and is known to eliminate free radicals toxic to DNA. Thus sleeping restores our immune system. Melatonin inhibits release of oestrogen thereby reduces risk of breast cancer. (JACNEM, Dec 1998, 31). It seems that a disturbance in the diurnal melatonin production causes depression, rather than the amount of melatonin in the body at a certain time. Studies have shown that exposure to bright, early morning sunlight (between 7.00AM and 9.00 AM) for at least fifteen minutes is perhaps the most powerful signal that “sets” the biological clock, thereby washing away depression. (The Burton Group, 843) Also Google search <Light Therapy>
There is some evidence that when people are exposed to artificial light - that is, light lacking the full spectrum sun light - the body cannot absorb certain nutrients and this contributes to fatigue, tooth decay, depression, hostility, suppressed immune function, hair loss, alcoholism and drug addiction and even cancer. (Ott, Roos). Studies have shown that students in classrooms with full-spectrum lights had less absenteeism, higher academic achievements, diminished hyperactivity, compared with classes using ordinary fluorescent lighting.(The Burton Group, 322). It is claimed that taurine levels rises in the pineal and pituitary gland through exposure to full spectrum daylight. Lack of taurine may lead to mental impairment and depression.(Chaitow, 38)